Chicken and Swiss Chard Primavera
- 8 ounces dry whole wheat pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups zucchini about 1 large, cut lengthwise and sliced in half-circles
- 6 cups swiss chard stems removed and thinly sliced, leaves roughly chopped, lightly packed
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped, tightly packed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook until lightly golden brown on all sides, but not cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, zucchini and asparagus. Cook until garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add Swiss chard, gently mix and cover to trap steam inside pan. Cook until Swiss chard wilts, about 2-4 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add stock and half and half. Bring to a simmer and reduce liquid by one fourth, about 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add cooked pasta and tomatoes and heat through.
- Add lemon juice, basil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and gently mix before serving.