Cheesy Oat Bowl with Eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned or steel-cut oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced, both green and white parts
- 4 eggs
Oat Bowl Directions
- Combine water, and oats in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- While oatmeal is cooking, fry eggs.
- Top cooked oatmeal with salt and pepper, cheese, fried egg, and green onions.
Sunny Side Up Eggs Directions
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter or olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack eggs into skillet, reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 minutes, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Do not flip eggs.
- Garnish with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.