- 2 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken broth low sodium
- 1 3/4 cups dry green lentils rinsed
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced toma drained
- 1/2 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsely leaf
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, combine water, lentils, onions, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme, tomatoes, green peppers and parsley.
- Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes or until lentils are tender. These can be made in advance.
- Stir, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.Serve.