Cabbage Salad with Ginger-Miso Dressing
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons Miso paste *See note
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups red cabbage shredded, about 1/2 head
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions cut on the bias in thin slices
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- To make the ginger-miso dressing, combine miso, ginger, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil in a small jar or bowl with an air tight lid. Shake or whisk vigorously until well mixed.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, radishes, onions and cilantro and toss with the dressing.
- Let marinate at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with sesame seeds before serving.
- *Note: Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans with salt, sometimes with barley or rice malt. It is used for Japanese cooking in sauces, spreads, pickling vegetables or meats, and soups. It is usually found in the ethnic foods or produce aisle of larger grocery stores.