Broiled Salmon with Turmeric Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 16 ounces salmon fillets skin-on, 4 ounces per serving
- Heat oil on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add garlic, ginger and turmeric; sauté until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice; mix well to ensure rice is evenly coated with spices.
- Add coconut milk and water or stock; bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let sit for 10 minutes.
- While rice is resting, preheat the broiler.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and salt.
- Lay salmon skin-side down on foil-lined sheet pan, and place under broiler about 5-6 inches from heating element.
- Cook until firm to the touch and lightly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve salmon with rice; garnish with scallions and a lime wedge.