Broccoli Turmeric Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 6 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced or finely grated
- 6 cups vegetable broth or stock low sodium
- Heat large stock pot on medium heat; add oil and sauté onions, celery garlic and ginger until onions are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper and broccoli; stir constantly until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cover, and continue simmering for 20 minutes.
- Using a stick/immersion blender or standard blender, purée the soup until smooth. Be very careful with the hot soup!
- Adjust seasoning as desired and serve.