Basil Stuffed Jumbo Scallops
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 U-10 scallops clean, sweet smelling, muscle removed on the side
- 6 slices fresh plump red tomato
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2-3 teaspoons grated parmesan
- olive oil
- kosher or sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- favorite hard crusted bread optional
- Take the scallops, insert a knife in the side, and make a pocket.
- Combine basil, a glob of olive oil, and parmesan. Stuff the scallop with about ½ tsp, and a slice of tomato. Season with salt, pepper and a couple drops of olive oil.
- In a hot pan or on a hot very clean and oiled grill, sear scallops until the tops and bottoms are golden, and the scallop is firm, but tender. 1-2 minutes each side should do it. The scallop should be opaque, creamy looking, with a firm, and tender texture. Drizzle a little of the pan juices on your stuffed scallop, and enjoy!