Balsamic Roasted Vegetables Stuffed Squash
- 3 acorn, confetti or delicata about 1 pound each
- 1 large red onion chopped large
- 1 1/2 cups carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini chopped
- 1 pound eggplant peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar reduced by half or more, to a syrup
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish on top
- For the squash, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash length wise, remove seeds.Lightly rub 1 teaspoon olive oil on flesh side.
- Place squash flesh-side down on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet pan.Bake until tender, about 30 - 45 minutes. This can be done up to four days in advance if desired.
- For the vegetables, preheat oven to 425°F. Line sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt and place on sheet pan.Cook until vegetables are tender and nicely browned, about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. To speed up the cooking process, cook vegetables on two sheet pans, on a single layer.
- While vegetables are cooking, warm up squash halves if they are cold.Remove vegetables from oven and toss with basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Gently scoop out cooked squash from skin, keeping skin intact, and add to vegetables. Mix well.Portion cooked vegetable mixture into squash halves.Drizzle with balsamic reduction, serve.