Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled, cut into wedges
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine vinegar, maple syrup and half oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss sweet potatoes, salt and the remaining oil together on a parchment/foil lined sheet pan, spread in a single layer.
- Roast until sweet potatoes start to brown and almost tender, 20-25 minutes. Drizzle balsamic mixture over sweet potatoes, and, using tongs or a spatula, flip to coat completely. Continue roasting until sweet potatoes are tender and glazed, about 5-7 minutes more, flip again to incorporate.
- Sprinkle with almonds and parmesan cheese.