Baked Eggs with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 cup fresh spinach loosely packed, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, sauté garlic, onions and olive oil on medium heat until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili flakes, oregano, spinach, salt and pepper; cook for 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat until slightly reduced.
- Fill four single-serve ramekins with tomato sauce until ¾ full.
- Top each with two eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until bubbly; egg should be slightly set yet still runny, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with Italian bread.