Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Pomegranate
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups grapefruit sections peeled, membrane removed
- 1 small red onion rings separated
- 2 cups (2 medium) avocado pit and skin removed, flesh cut into slices
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds if in season
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place salad greens in a bowl. Place grapefruit sections, onion, avocado and pomegranate seeds on top.
- In mixing bowl, combine lime juice, grapefruit juice, honey, salt and pepper and oil with a wire whisk; cover and chill.
- To serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat
- Note: if pomegranate seeds are not available, candied nuts may be substituted.