- 1 teaspoon shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 avocado quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 pound cooked chicken sliced
- To make the dressing, combine shallots, balsamic vinegar, honey and 1 tablespoon basil.
- Whisk in olive oil until emulsified; season with salt and pepper.
- On four separate plates, layer arugula, avocado, strawberries, 2 tablespoons basil, chicken and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over each salad.