- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple diced, half reserved for topping
- 1/2 cup low-sugar granola or use our recipe, see below
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat a griddle, cast iron pan or large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt, half of the apple, granola, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In smaller bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add to flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Brush butter on griddle or skillet; ladle 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- When pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and remaining apple.